RootsWeb.com Mailing Lists
Next Page
Total: 20/2924
    1. ([MIJACKSO])Re: SERVICE or SERVISE or SERVIS or SERVISS and CUNNINGHAM Family Photograph
    2. Joseph Martin
    3. Hello Laurie, How might I request a search of the photos at the Jackson County Genealogical Society Library? What is the fee? I would be interested in any possible photo of Pearl May (Weldon) Schultz who lived in Jackson from 1936 until her death in May 1959. She was a member of the Maccabees Social Hive 356 and Senior Citizens, and she worked in the kitchen at the Hotel Hayes. Thank you for any help. Joseph Martin Romeoville, Illinois On Sun, Oct 13, 2019 at 8:37 AM Laurie Lightfoot via MIJACKSO < [email protected]> wrote: > Hi Shelley > > If no one comes forward to claim the photo please consider donating it to > the > Jackson County Genealogical Society Library > 211 W Ganson St Suite 170 > Jackson, MI. 49201 > > This organization preserves photos (among other things) and makes them > available for family history researchers > > Laurie > > Sent from my iPhone > > > On Oct 11, 2019, at 8:08 AM, Shelley Cardiel <[email protected]> > wrote: > > > > I've "rescued" an old photograph of Cecilia and Edna SERVICE which was > taken > > at the Hughson & Son Studio in St. Joseph, MI in 1890. The girls appear > to > > be about 3-4 years old at the time it was taken. An additional note on > the > > back says "Maude was born the next 3rd Dec 1891". Based on limited > > information I was able to locate the following information regarding the > > girls and their family: > > > > > > > > Celia G. SERVISE or SERVIS or SERVICE or SERVISS was b. 25 Jul 1886 in > > Weesaw Township, Berrien Co., MI to parents Harvey Ozlander or Ozander > > SERVIS Jr. (1856-1906) and Mary Ann GALLINGER (1866-1929) who were > married > > on 27 Apr 1884 in Galien, MI. Celia was one of four children born to > this > > couple including, Edna D.; Celia G.; Maude Emily or Emiley; and I Harvey > > SERVIS, all born between 1885 and 1903. Celia married Delmar H. > CUNNINGHAM > > (1880-1937) on 15 Dec 1908 in Jackson, MI. Celia died 13 Sept 1927 in > > Jackson, MI. > > > > > > > > Edna D. SERVIS was b. 6 Jul 1885 in Galien, MI to the same parents and > > married Earl William MAYES (1885-1968) on 30 Jul 1906 in Three Oaks, MI > and > > they had one daughter, Leah MAYES (1907-1997). Edna died 30 Aug 1932 in > > LaPorte, IN and is buried in the Forest Lawn Cemetery in Three Oaks, MI. > > > > > > > > Their sister Maude Emiley was b. 10 Dec 1891 in St. Joseph, MI and > married > > Edgar Arch ACKERMAN (1890-1969) on 9 May 1910 in La Porte, IN and they > had > > two children including an infant that was born and died in 1924 and a > > daughter Shirley A. ACKERMAN (1927-2011). Maude died 8 Jul 1953 in > > Buchanan, MI and is buried in Weesaw Township in Berrien Co., MI. > > > > > > > > It appears that their father also had a son by an earlier marriage, Isaac > > SERVISS or SERVICE who was born and died in 1879. > > > > > > > > I am hoping to locate someone from the family so that this precious old > > treasure can be returned to the care of family. If you are a member of > this > > family or you know someone who might be, please contact me. > > > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > Shelley > > > > > > _______________________________________________ > > ==== MIJACKSO Mailing List ==== > > [email protected] > > > > To contact the List Administrator: > > Rick Berkheiser, [email protected] > > _______________________________________________ > > Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref > > Unsubscribe > https://lists.rootsweb.com/postorius/lists/[email protected] > > Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: > https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9 > > Rootsweb Blog: http://rootsweb.blog > > RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb > community > > _______________________________________________ > ==== MIJACKSO Mailing List ==== > [email protected] > > To contact the List Administrator: > Rick Berkheiser, [email protected] > _______________________________________________ > Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref > Unsubscribe > https://lists.rootsweb.com/postorius/lists/[email protected] > Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: > https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9 > Rootsweb Blog: http://rootsweb.blog > RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb > community > -- *________________* *"I have lived too long where I can be reached."* *Jelaladdin Rumi* . P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

    10/13/2019 07:48:36
    1. ([MIJACKSO])Re: SERVICE or SERVISE or SERVIS or SERVISS and CUNNINGHAM Family Photograph
    2. Hi Shelley If no one comes forward to claim the photo please consider donating it to the Jackson County Genealogical Society Library 211 W Ganson St Suite 170 Jackson, MI. 49201 This organization preserves photos (among other things) and makes them available for family history researchers Laurie Sent from my iPhone > On Oct 11, 2019, at 8:08 AM, Shelley Cardiel <[email protected]> wrote: > > I've "rescued" an old photograph of Cecilia and Edna SERVICE which was taken > at the Hughson & Son Studio in St. Joseph, MI in 1890. The girls appear to > be about 3-4 years old at the time it was taken. An additional note on the > back says "Maude was born the next 3rd Dec 1891". Based on limited > information I was able to locate the following information regarding the > girls and their family: > > > > Celia G. SERVISE or SERVIS or SERVICE or SERVISS was b. 25 Jul 1886 in > Weesaw Township, Berrien Co., MI to parents Harvey Ozlander or Ozander > SERVIS Jr. (1856-1906) and Mary Ann GALLINGER (1866-1929) who were married > on 27 Apr 1884 in Galien, MI. Celia was one of four children born to this > couple including, Edna D.; Celia G.; Maude Emily or Emiley; and I Harvey > SERVIS, all born between 1885 and 1903. Celia married Delmar H. CUNNINGHAM > (1880-1937) on 15 Dec 1908 in Jackson, MI. Celia died 13 Sept 1927 in > Jackson, MI. > > > > Edna D. SERVIS was b. 6 Jul 1885 in Galien, MI to the same parents and > married Earl William MAYES (1885-1968) on 30 Jul 1906 in Three Oaks, MI and > they had one daughter, Leah MAYES (1907-1997). Edna died 30 Aug 1932 in > LaPorte, IN and is buried in the Forest Lawn Cemetery in Three Oaks, MI. > > > > Their sister Maude Emiley was b. 10 Dec 1891 in St. Joseph, MI and married > Edgar Arch ACKERMAN (1890-1969) on 9 May 1910 in La Porte, IN and they had > two children including an infant that was born and died in 1924 and a > daughter Shirley A. ACKERMAN (1927-2011). Maude died 8 Jul 1953 in > Buchanan, MI and is buried in Weesaw Township in Berrien Co., MI. > > > > It appears that their father also had a son by an earlier marriage, Isaac > SERVISS or SERVICE who was born and died in 1879. > > > > I am hoping to locate someone from the family so that this precious old > treasure can be returned to the care of family. If you are a member of this > family or you know someone who might be, please contact me. > > > > Thanks, > > Shelley > > > _______________________________________________ > ==== MIJACKSO Mailing List ==== > [email protected] > > To contact the List Administrator: > Rick Berkheiser, [email protected] > _______________________________________________ > Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref > Unsubscribe https://lists.rootsweb.com/postorius/lists/[email protected] > Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9 > Rootsweb Blog: http://rootsweb.blog > RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb community

    10/13/2019 07:37:21
    1. ([MIJACKSO])SERVICE or SERVISE or SERVIS or SERVISS and CUNNINGHAM Family Photograph
    2. Shelley Cardiel
    3. I've "rescued" an old photograph of Cecilia and Edna SERVICE which was taken at the Hughson & Son Studio in St. Joseph, MI in 1890. The girls appear to be about 3-4 years old at the time it was taken. An additional note on the back says "Maude was born the next 3rd Dec 1891". Based on limited information I was able to locate the following information regarding the girls and their family: Celia G. SERVISE or SERVIS or SERVICE or SERVISS was b. 25 Jul 1886 in Weesaw Township, Berrien Co., MI to parents Harvey Ozlander or Ozander SERVIS Jr. (1856-1906) and Mary Ann GALLINGER (1866-1929) who were married on 27 Apr 1884 in Galien, MI. Celia was one of four children born to this couple including, Edna D.; Celia G.; Maude Emily or Emiley; and I Harvey SERVIS, all born between 1885 and 1903. Celia married Delmar H. CUNNINGHAM (1880-1937) on 15 Dec 1908 in Jackson, MI. Celia died 13 Sept 1927 in Jackson, MI. Edna D. SERVIS was b. 6 Jul 1885 in Galien, MI to the same parents and married Earl William MAYES (1885-1968) on 30 Jul 1906 in Three Oaks, MI and they had one daughter, Leah MAYES (1907-1997). Edna died 30 Aug 1932 in LaPorte, IN and is buried in the Forest Lawn Cemetery in Three Oaks, MI. Their sister Maude Emiley was b. 10 Dec 1891 in St. Joseph, MI and married Edgar Arch ACKERMAN (1890-1969) on 9 May 1910 in La Porte, IN and they had two children including an infant that was born and died in 1924 and a daughter Shirley A. ACKERMAN (1927-2011). Maude died 8 Jul 1953 in Buchanan, MI and is buried in Weesaw Township in Berrien Co., MI. It appears that their father also had a son by an earlier marriage, Isaac SERVISS or SERVICE who was born and died in 1879. I am hoping to locate someone from the family so that this precious old treasure can be returned to the care of family. If you are a member of this family or you know someone who might be, please contact me. Thanks, Shelley

    10/11/2019 06:08:11
    1. ([MIJACKSO])Re: Merit cards for Rives Twp., Jackson County
    2. Laurie Lightfoot
    3. The phone number is (517) 768-9266 but the phone is only 'manned' on Tues & Thurs between 1 & 5 pm and on Saturdays from 10 am until about 4 pm - these are the hours when volunteers have our Library open.  There is an answering machine for calls outside of these times. As a JCGS member and one of the Society Library's volunteers, I can confirm that a donation would be welcome. Laurie On Saturday, June 16, 2018, 2:06:30 PM EDT, Steve Pearson <[email protected]> wrote: Thank you Laurie. Good idea. I will pursue that route. Per chance do you have a phone number? Sent from my iPhone > On Jun 16, 2018, at 7:07 AM, Laurie Lightfoot via MIJACKSO <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi Steve -  If you are unable to find a descendant for the cards you might consider donating them to the > Jackson County Genealogical Society's Library211 W Ganson St - Ste 170Jackson, MI  49201 >    On Thursday, June 14, 2018, 8:33:13 PM EDT, Steve Pearson <[email protected]> wrote:  > > Hello, > > > > I have merit or honor cards from 1870s-1880s for a John Steffin or Steffen > and a Kitty True that I would like to locate a descendant to send them to. I > hate to throw them away. They are not my relatives but did marry into the > family. My step grandfather was Leonard Crowel who was also a cousin of > mine. He married first Cecil Steffin who was a daughter of the above John > and Kitty. Later he and my grandmother married after Cecil died. Please help > me locate someone who would appreciate them.  > > > > Steve Pearson > > > _______________________________________________ > ==== MIJACKSO Mailing List ==== >      [email protected] > > To contact the List Administrator: > Rick Berkheiser, [email protected] > _______________________________________________ > Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref > > Unsubscribe https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/postorius/lists/[email protected]/ > > Archives: https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/ > > Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9 > > RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb community > > > _______________________________________________ > ==== MIJACKSO Mailing List ==== >      [email protected] > > To contact the List Administrator: > Rick Berkheiser, [email protected] > _______________________________________________ > Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref > > Unsubscribe https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/postorius/lists/[email protected]/ > > Archives: https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/ > > Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9 > > RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb community _______________________________________________ ==== MIJACKSO Mailing List ====       [email protected] To contact the List Administrator: Rick Berkheiser, [email protected] _______________________________________________ Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref Unsubscribe https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/postorius/lists/[email protected]/ Archives: https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/ Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9 RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb community

    06/17/2018 11:07:53
    1. ([MIJACKSO])Re: Merit cards for Rives Twp., Jackson County
    2. Steve Pearson
    3. Thank you Laurie. Good idea. I will pursue that route. Per chance do you have a phone number? Sent from my iPhone > On Jun 16, 2018, at 7:07 AM, Laurie Lightfoot via MIJACKSO <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi Steve - If you are unable to find a descendant for the cards you might consider donating them to the > Jackson County Genealogical Society's Library211 W Ganson St - Ste 170Jackson, MI 49201 > On Thursday, June 14, 2018, 8:33:13 PM EDT, Steve Pearson <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hello, > > > > I have merit or honor cards from 1870s-1880s for a John Steffin or Steffen > and a Kitty True that I would like to locate a descendant to send them to. I > hate to throw them away. They are not my relatives but did marry into the > family. My step grandfather was Leonard Crowel who was also a cousin of > mine. He married first Cecil Steffin who was a daughter of the above John > and Kitty. Later he and my grandmother married after Cecil died. Please help > me locate someone who would appreciate them. > > > > Steve Pearson > > > _______________________________________________ > ==== MIJACKSO Mailing List ==== > [email protected] > > To contact the List Administrator: > Rick Berkheiser, [email protected] > _______________________________________________ > Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref > > Unsubscribe https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/postorius/lists/[email protected]/ > > Archives: https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/ > > Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9 > > RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb community > > > _______________________________________________ > ==== MIJACKSO Mailing List ==== > [email protected] > > To contact the List Administrator: > Rick Berkheiser, [email protected] > _______________________________________________ > Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref > > Unsubscribe https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/postorius/lists/[email protected]/ > > Archives: https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/ > > Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9 > > RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb community

    06/16/2018 12:06:22
    1. ([MIJACKSO])Re: Merit cards for Rives Twp., Jackson County
    2. Laurie Lightfoot
    3. Hi Steve -  If you are unable to find a descendant for the cards you might consider donating them to the  Jackson County Genealogical Society's Library211 W Ganson St - Ste 170Jackson, MI  49201 On Thursday, June 14, 2018, 8:33:13 PM EDT, Steve Pearson <[email protected]> wrote: Hello, I have merit or honor cards from 1870s-1880s for a John Steffin or Steffen and a Kitty True that I would like to locate a descendant to send them to. I hate to throw them away. They are not my relatives but did marry into the family. My step grandfather was Leonard Crowel who was also a cousin of mine. He married first Cecil Steffin who was a daughter of the above John and Kitty. Later he and my grandmother married after Cecil died. Please help me locate someone who would appreciate them.  Steve Pearson _______________________________________________ ==== MIJACKSO Mailing List ====       [email protected] To contact the List Administrator: Rick Berkheiser, [email protected] _______________________________________________ Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref Unsubscribe https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/postorius/lists/[email protected]/ Archives: https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/ Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9 RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb community

    06/16/2018 05:07:28
    1. ([MIJACKSO])Merit cards for Rives Twp., Jackson County
    2. Steve Pearson
    3. Hello, I have merit or honor cards from 1870s-1880s for a John Steffin or Steffen and a Kitty True that I would like to locate a descendant to send them to. I hate to throw them away. They are not my relatives but did marry into the family. My step grandfather was Leonard Crowel who was also a cousin of mine. He married first Cecil Steffin who was a daughter of the above John and Kitty. Later he and my grandmother married after Cecil died. Please help me locate someone who would appreciate them. Steve Pearson

    06/14/2018 06:33:01
    1. ([MIJACKSO])Memorial Day
    2. Richard Berkheiser
    3. Hi everyone! Sorry to start another thread of messages so close to a Surname Shout Out but with the lists being down the first part of the year it threw my scheduling off. Hope you don't mind... With this being the Memorial Day Weekend, I thought it would it be interesting to post one ancestor we have in our family trees who served in one of the many wars and battles we fought in US History. Obviously it has to be an ancestor from this county. :) Give a brief biography of that person including the unit and war he or she was in, a POW, injuries, plus the usual genealogical stuff. Thanks in advance and have a safe weekend! Rick B Admin

    05/27/2018 07:59:16
    1. [MIJACKSO] Semi-Stumped on Surname
    2. Ann Marr
    3. Jesse A. Chapman b. 13 Sept 1794 Montville, New London, CT, d. 20 Oct 1854 Sandstone, Jackson, MI, buried Chapel Cemetery Wife Belinda G. Comstock, also buried Chapel Cemetery. I am looking for Jesse's father's name. Any Butlers from Ireland in the mid-1800s? Related to Ellen (Butler) Willmore from Limerick. I am always on the lookout for these surnames: Willmore from Waterloo Twp, Jackson City and Stockbridge, Ingham County Hawkins and Daniels from Leoni Twp Barker, Seymour, and King that slipped over from Sylvan Twp, Washtenaw County Happy Summer to all, Ann Marr --- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG. http://www.avg.com

    05/09/2018 09:06:13
    1. [MIJACKSO] Re: Surname Shout Out
    2. Sara Rice
    3. I am looking for Sarah L. Rice Rogers. She was born in 1830 in NY and died at Grass Lake in 1882. She is buried in East cemetery. Trying to find who she married, where she lived and if she had children. The 1880 census says she was a dress maker in Jackson. On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 8:32 AM, Richard Berkheiser <[email protected] > wrote: > Hi everyone! > > Just letting you know that the lists are back up and running again so to > "celebrate" our return I'm initiating a first ever Surname Shout Out. > > A Surname Shout Out works like a Roll Call where we all post an ancestor > we're totally stumped on. > > Happy Hunting! > > Rick B > Admin > > _______________________________________________ > ==== MIJACKSO Mailing List ==== > [email protected] > > To contact the List Administrator: > Rick Berkheiser, [email protected] > _______________________________________________ > Email preferences: http://bit.ly/rootswebpref > > Unsubscribe https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/postorius/lists/ > [email protected]/ > > Archives: https://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/hyperkitty/list/ > [email protected]/ > > Privacy Statement: https://ancstry.me/2JWBOdY Terms and Conditions: > https://ancstry.me/2HDBym9 > > RootsWeb is funded and supported by Ancestry.com and our loyal RootsWeb > community > -- Sara Rice

    05/08/2018 07:28:10
    1. [MIJACKSO] Surname Shout Out
    2. Richard Berkheiser
    3. Hi everyone! Just letting you know that the lists are back up and running again so to "celebrate" our return I'm initiating a first ever Surname Shout Out. A Surname Shout Out works like a Roll Call where we all post an ancestor we're totally stumped on. Happy Hunting! Rick B Admin

    05/08/2018 06:32:36
    1. [MIJACKSO] MICHGAN MARRIAGE INDEX UPODATE JUNN 2017
    2. Morton
    3. THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF NEW OR CHANGED RECORDS FOR THE COUNTY INDICATED. PLEASE LET US KNOW OF ANY FAMILY CONNECTION. NAME,SPOUSE,DATE,DOCUMENT,INFO ========================================= WILLIAM - JUSTICE,ANN - HODGES,12 NOV 1835,--,-- VANRANDELIER - FIEMCH,SUSAN - MOON,12 NOV 1836,--,-- GEORGE - TAYLER,MARY =- MOON,16 FEB 1836,--,-- ISAAC - OSGOOD,MARY ELIZABETH GARDNER,01 AUG 1839,--,-- ALEXANDER - LATERLY,PHEBE ANN BABCOCK,03 NOV 1842,--,-- NANCY W DESAMATER,JOSHUA G CLARKE,06 OCT 1842,--,-- LUCRETIA - WORDEN,DAY - JONES,23 FEB 1843,--,-- EMILY REBECCA RIDGE,JACK - HARRINGTON,00 XXX 1844,--,-- MARIETT - STRENAHAN,STALEY N CLARKE,23 OCT 1845,--,-- CYRUS - COWDEN,SALLY M SACKREDEN,21 NOV 1847,--,-- LORENZO - BADGLEY,ALMIRA - BURKHART,20 FEB 1849,FAMILY BIBLE,[email protected] DAVID H CREECH,MARY A MORRIS,12 SEP 1852,--,-- MARGE A OSGOOD,CHARLES M HUTCHINS,03 SEP 1856,--,-- WILLIAM - JUSTICE,PHEBE J BENCHUM,12 DEC 1857,--,-- HIRAM B PEIRSONS,LAURA - MCDONALD,06 NOV 1861,--,-- A WALLACE SEVERANCE,ELIZABETH A SPRATT,02 JAN 1862,--,-- WILLIAM - JISTICE,EMELINE - DUTHRIE,01 FEB 1863,--,-- HARRIET C WHITON,SINKLAR - BEAN,22 DEC 1863,--,-- ERASTUS B GAMIARD,HANNAH - BEAN,10 NOV 1864,--,-- FRANK - WIEDE,EDNA - RICHMOND,14/17 DEC 1866,--,-- CORDELIA - GOUCHER,N B BEARDSLEY,29 APR 1866,--,-- NANCY E GOUCHER,WILLIAM HENRY THOMAS,15 JAN 1867,--,-- FRANK - ALDRICH,ALICE - ST'CLAIR,01 MAY 1868,--,-- SARAH - CARPETER,CORDA - HESS,22 SEP 1869,--,-- FREDERICK W YOUNG,PETRONELLA - GESCHIND,15 JAN 1870,--,-- LEWIS E WINANS,NETTIE - BAILEY,22 SEP 1870,--,-- FREDERICK - SCHECK,MARY - HESS,27 OCT 1870,--,-- JENNIE - WINANT,THOMAS J BOWEN,28 JUL 1872,--,-- JOHN CASPER HENLE,MARY - BABZ,17 DEC 1874,--,-- JEDEDIAH D SOUTHWELL,ALICE - HAMILTON,17 JUN 1874,--,[email protected] JAMES - WILSON,MARY A MCDONALD,22 NOV 1875,--,-- IVESTER - YOUNG,CHARLOTTE A ST'JOHN,25 NOV 1875,--,-- EMMA B RIDGE,JACK - HARRINGTON,14 DEC 1876,--,-- JOSEPH D SPANGER,EMMA - STAFFORD,03 APR 1877,--,-- JOHN W GRESS,SARAH - MORSE,11 NOV 1877,--,-- WILHELMINE - SCHMIDT,CHARLES - OBERG,14 DEC 1877,--,-- JAMES E GRESS,CLARINDA F MORSE,14 OCT 1877,--,-- MONROE W WRIGHT,CLARA S MORSE,22 AUG 1877,--,-- NETTIE - KEESLEY,MOSES - LONG,08 SEP 1878,--,-- WALTER M MORRIS,ZELMA - HUESTISS~MCINTIRE,12 JAN 1878,--,-- WALTER M MORRIS,ZELMA - MCINTIRE~HUESTISS,12 JAN 1878,--,-- CARRIE - GOUCHER,FREDERICK R DRAPER,15 NOV 1878,--,-- ANNA R YOUNG,SUMNER E ST'JOHN,23 OCT 1878,--,-- LOVELL BULLOCK SEVERANCE,MAY GERTRUDE JACOBS,06 OCT 1879,--,-- CHARLES W BULLEN,CORA B BUTLER,20 AUG 1879,--,-- LIBBIE - BULLEN,FRANK - MCDERBY,29 OCT 1879,--,-- WILLIAM T ST'AUBURN,MARIE S HALL,02 JAN 1880,--,-- A - YOCUM,NETTIE - GLOVER,29 SEP 1880,--,-- ALMIRA - BOYNINGTON,ELMORE L BEAN,20 APR 1881,--,-- EDWARD VINTON COWDEN,EMMA JENNIE CADY,23 NOV 1881,--,-- JOHN W COCKBURN,EMMA E DWIGHT,16 DEC 1882,--,-- JOSEPH - MICHIE,FANNIE S RICHMOND,01 MAR 1883,--,-- JAMES M KECKLER,IRENE - SUTTON,04 JUN 1883,--,-- MARTHA - MORSE,HENRY - MARTIN,05 MAR 1883,--,-- WILLIAM C HANCOCK,BERTHA C HESS,25 SEP 1884,--,-- MARY F WARD,THOMAS A CASSIDY,26 NOV 1884,--,-- CHARLES P REATTOIR,ELLA MAY MORLEY,06 SEP 1885,--,-- ROSA - BRIGGS,FRED - WILES,19 FEB 1885,--,-- CORA ALICE ROYCE,NOLAN SPEAR BEAN,30 OCT 1886,--,-- INEZ - SOUTHERN,HOWARD - GILES,03 APR 1918,--,-- LENA - SEVERANCE,DONALD G STAEBLER,21 APR 1935,LANSING STATE JOURNAL 04 MAR 2017 - OBIT - DONALD,-- DONALD G STAEBLER,LENA - SEVERANCE,21 APR 1935,LANSING STATE JOURNAL 04 MAR 2017 - OBIT - DONALD,-- MARY ELLEN ANDERSON,BYRON - SHAW,00 XXX 1953,LANSING STATE JOURNAL 23 OCT 2016 - OBIT - MARY,-- BYRON - SHAW,MARY ELLEN ANDERSON,00 XXX 1953,LANSING STATE JOURNAL 23 OCT 2016 - OBIT - MARY,-- AVALEE - HUFF,CLARENCE R F KALLISH,27 JUN 1953,LANSING STATE JOURNAL 18 MAY 2017 - OBIT - CLARENCE,- CLARENCE R F KALLISH,AVALEE - HUFF,27 JUN 1953,LANSING STATE JOURNAL 18 MAY 2017 - OBIT - CLARENCE,- FREDRICK PERRY HENRY CADIEU,ROOBERTA - LEE,01 NOV 1954,LANSING STATE JOURNAL 11 OCT 2016 - OBIT - FREDRICK,-- ROBEERTA - LEE,FREDRICK PERRY HENRY CADIEU,01 NOV 1954,LANSING STATE JOURNAL 11 OCT 2016 - OBIT - FREDRICK,-- MARY ELLEN HALLE,ROGER LEO MERRILL,18 SAUG 1962,LANSING STATE JOURNAL 01 MAR 2017 - OBIT - ROGER,-- ROGER LEO MERRILL,MARY ELLEN HALLE,18 SAUG 1962,LANSING STATE JOURNAL 01 MAR 2017 - OBIT - ROGER,-- Jack & Marianne Dibean

    07/07/2017 02:30:24
    1. [MIJACKSO] Pearl Schultz in Jackson
    2. Joseph Martin
    3. My Pearl May (nee Weldon ) Schultz died in Jackson on 3 May 1959 in Foote Hospital. She had worked as a kitchen helper at the Hotel Hayes from 1946 to at least 1954. Previously she worked at Hillsdale Manufacturing for about three years. She was a member of the Maccabees Social Hive #356 and the Senior Citizens. We do not have a single photographs of her. Would anyone have suggestions where I might research in an attempt to locate a photograph? Joseph Martin Romeoville, Illinois -- *________________A dog is the only family member you get to choose. * P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

    04/30/2017 01:39:32
    1. [MIJACKSO] Jackson probate on familysearch.org
    2. Ann Marr via
    3. On the familysearch.org Jackson probate stuff: Does anyone know how to find guardianship material when there isn't a file number associated with it? My ancestor assumed guardianship of some relatives in 1856, according to the probate calendar, but without a file number, I don't know where to start to look for more info. Do I have to just keep looking at every page until I run into it? Thanks, Ann Marr

    06/27/2016 08:08:10
    1. Re: [MIJACKSO] MIJACKSO Digest, Vol 11, Issue 4
    2. Patti VanWagner via
    3. thank you Laurie, that gives me hope! ________________________________ From: [email protected] <[email protected]> on behalf of [email protected] <[email protected]> Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2016 12:00 AM To: [email protected] Subject: MIJACKSO Digest, Vol 11, Issue 4 Today's Topics: 1. Re: Wills (Laurie Lightfoot) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Message: 1 Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 12:32:55 +0000 (UTC) From: Laurie Lightfoot <[email protected]> Subject: Re: [MIJACKSO] Wills To: Patti VanWagner <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> Message-ID: <[email protected]> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Don't be alarmed or give up if you don't find a will.My Jackson county pioneer ancestor died intestate in 1867. ?Because he had property at the time of death there was a probate file for him. ?The Jackson County Genealogical Society was helpful in locating that file for me. ?It probably held more information than if he'd left a will as it named and gave residences for his 13 children, named the children of his deceased daughter and then named the children of a daughter who died before probate finalized. Laurie On Friday, June 24, 2016 10:57 PM, Patti VanWagner via <[email protected]> wrote: thanks! ? ? ? From: Ann Marr via <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 6:51 AM Subject: Re: [MIJACKSO] Wills ? All of the probate stuff for Jackson county is online through familysearch.org. To get to it, click SEARCH button on top, then pick Michigan on the map (below or on the right side) On the MI research page, scroll down to the Image Only section - Probate and Court is at the end of the list. You would have to browse and look at the images. Ann Marr ------------------------------- To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message ? ------------------------------- To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message ------------------------------ To contact the MIJACKSO list administrator, send an email to [email protected] To post a message to the MIJACKSO mailing list, send an email to [email protected] __________________________________________________________ To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word "unsubscribe" without the quotes in the subject and the body of the email with no additional text. End of MIJACKSO Digest, Vol 11, Issue 4 ***************************************

    06/26/2016 08:42:23
    1. Re: [MIJACKSO] Wills
    2. Laurie Lightfoot via
    3. Don't be alarmed or give up if you don't find a will.My Jackson county pioneer ancestor died intestate in 1867.  Because he had property at the time of death there was a probate file for him.  The Jackson County Genealogical Society was helpful in locating that file for me.  It probably held more information than if he'd left a will as it named and gave residences for his 13 children, named the children of his deceased daughter and then named the children of a daughter who died before probate finalized. Laurie On Friday, June 24, 2016 10:57 PM, Patti VanWagner via <[email protected]> wrote: thanks!       From: Ann Marr via <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 6:51 AM Subject: Re: [MIJACKSO] Wills   All of the probate stuff for Jackson county is online through familysearch.org. To get to it, click SEARCH button on top, then pick Michigan on the map (below or on the right side) On the MI research page, scroll down to the Image Only section - Probate and Court is at the end of the list. You would have to browse and look at the images. Ann Marr ------------------------------- To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message   ------------------------------- To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

    06/25/2016 06:32:55
    1. Re: [MIJACKSO] Wills
    2. Patti VanWagner via
    3. thanks! From: Ann Marr via <[email protected]> To: [email protected] Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 6:51 AM Subject: Re: [MIJACKSO] Wills All of the probate stuff for Jackson county is online through familysearch.org. To get to it, click SEARCH button on top, then pick Michigan on the map (below or on the right side) On the MI research page, scroll down to the Image Only section - Probate and Court is at the end of the list. You would have to browse and look at the images. Ann Marr ------------------------------- To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to [email protected] with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message

    06/24/2016 08:56:47
    1. Re: [MIJACKSO] Wills
    2. Ann Marr via
    3. All of the probate stuff for Jackson county is online through familysearch.org. To get to it, click SEARCH button on top, then pick Michigan on the map (below or on the right side) On the MI research page, scroll down to the Image Only section - Probate and Court is at the end of the list. You would have to browse and look at the images. Ann Marr

    06/24/2016 03:51:36
    1. [MIJACKSO] Wills in Jackson County
    2. Patti VanWagner via
    3. Has anyone had much experience with researching wills in Jackson County?   Is there an index by year?   I only know the year my ancestor died, not exact date of death.

    06/23/2016 08:25:57
    1. [MIJACKSO] Obituary look up request
    2. Patti VanWagner via
    3. Would someone be able to do a look up for an obit?    I am hoping for an obit from Jan 29, 1890 - Margery Wright Murray - died in Parma, Jackson County. Any help greatly appreciated. thanks,Patti

    06/20/2016 09:49:19